Milton Road & King Street
This view of Milton Road in about 1910, shows the shop of Clarke and Co.
They produced postcards of Gravesend and District along with the 'Cheapest Printing in Gravesend'. The shop front is full of their products.
Miss Rawlinson's shop at Nos 4 and 5, sold baby linen.
This picture also shows the early form of street lighting in Gravesend.
The tram lines set in cobble stones, lead past the New Inn and Mitre Inn at the corner of Queen Street.
The first building on the right is Sancho's, a resturant and snack bar.
Then comes a house agents, another resturant, an empty shop, a chemists and then the New Inn.
Ahead of us, the other side of the pelican crossing is the pedestrianised area of the town centre.
This starts at the junction of Parrock Street and Queen Street with Milton Road and King Street.